Gastric Sleeve Surgery is one quick way to lose weight. 85% of the stomach is removed during the operation. That’s why patients are put on a very strict gastric sleeve diet guide to assure they are eating right and consuming the best food to keep them healthy.
Have you ever talked to your doctor about this option?
If yes and you are considering it, then you should read this gastric sleeve diet guide.
We will help you know what you must prepare for. What should be your expectations before and after the operation? You’ll discover the what, how, why and when of implementing a gastric sleeve diet.
What you will learn:
1. THE TIMELINE OF YOUR DIET
- First Stage: Full Liquid with Protein
- Second Stage: Blenderized and Pureed Food
- Third Stage: Introduce Soft Foods
- Fourth Stage: Low Fat, Low Sugar, High Protein Food
2. NINE STEPS TO SUCCESS!
– How to lose and maintain the weight successfully.
PHASE 1: Pre-op Diet
In the next four weeks, NO SOLID FOOD IS ALLOWED
NINE STEPS TO SUCCESS
- Eat three well-balanced meals and two snacks every day
- Water is your new best friend. Drink water rather than juice, carbonated, sweetened, caffeinated and alcoholic beverages
- Take daily multivitamins – calcium + vitamin D, vitamin B12 and if directed, additional vitamin D, iron, zinc, and biotin
- Sleep an average of at least 7 hours each night
- Exercise at least four times a week for 40 minutes or more
- Take responsibility for staying in control. Monitor weight and intake weekly.
- Have a support group and be involved. Find a partner to check in with you and be accountable to one another.
- Plan your meals ahead. Ask for portion size at restaurants whenever going out.
- Control your emotions. Expect an emotional roller coaster. Once you do, don’t let food be your comfort